Women Education Project Officer
Location: Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Application Deadline: No later than 22 February,2010 .
Job Starting Date: 15 March, 2010.
General functions and responsibilities:
- Work in cooperation with the project teams to effectively plan, coordinate and implement WEAVE’s Women’s Education Project with Karenni National Women’s Organization and Karen Women’s Education;
- Lead in the coordination of field activities and work with various key players (community based organizations and INGO’s) in advancing women’s development work;
- Support the project management team in carrying out work under the Women’s Study Program and the Basic Literacy Class (English);
- Support in the development of the course curriculum, educational manual as well as development of local project implementers such as the teachers and trainers;
- Provide support in coordinating and networking with other women groups;
- Assist in representing WEAVE to appropriate meetings.
- As a member of WEAVE team, to work effectively as part of a small staff for program development, and to undertake specific additional responsibilities as may be agreed with the Line Manager.
How To Apply
If you think you have the necessary qualifications and experience required for the position, and would like to apply for the job, please send:
- A letter of application in English, Burmese, or Thai.
- Your CV or resume giving details of your qualifications and experience.
- Photocopy of Thai ID card or Passport, and Transcript of Records from school
- The name and contact details of 3 references (people who have known you in your working environment).
Applications may be sent by e-mail, fax or mail to:
P.O. Box 58
Chiang Mai University,
Chiang Mai 50202
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Kindly “cc:” your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Only short listed candidates will be notified for interview.
WEAVE welcomes applicants from women ethnic minority communities and gives preference in hiring them.