Job Title: Livelihoods Coordinator
Reporting to: Executive Director
Job starting date: June 1, 2013
Women’s Education for Advancement and Empowerment (WEAVE) works in partnership with ethnic minority women from Burma, believing that the empowerment of women and development of their status benefits the whole community. WEAVE gives the women opportunity to improve themselves through education, confidence building and skills development. WEAVE encourages women to take leadership and share skills in their families and communities. Our main office is in Chiang Mai, Thailand and have offices in Mae Sot and Mae Hong Son.
General functions and responsibilities:
- Work with WEAVE Team in developing and co-ordinating all of WEAVE’s Livelihoods work from programming (development of annual and semi-annual plans) to its operationalization.
- Provide necessary assistance to WEAVE Livelihoods staff in developing their knowledge and skills in the management of Livelihoods undertakings.
- Coordinate the vocational skills training and as necessary conduct the training.
- Coordinate and supervise work of those involved in the livelihoods work and provide assistance in the implementation of the planned alternative livelihoods activities
- Keep track of activities and provide necessary technical support.
- Provides support in coordinating and networking with partner women groups and other organizations who are engaged in Livelihoods activities.
- Conduct resource mobilization in support to seeking additional funds for WEAVE’s livelihoods work.
- Represent WEAVE to related meetings and regularly participate in relevant meetings.
- As a member of WEAVE team, must work effectively and to undertake specific additional responsibilities as requested by the Executive Director.
- Possess educational background and working experience on Rural/Community Development and related coursers. Knowledge and skills on Livelihoods and Community Organizing and Mobilization would be helpful.
- At least 3 years experience in actual management and implementation of community livelihoods/income generation work
- Knowledge of Burma/Thailand border refugee situation and preferably has experience working along the Thai-Burma border.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, women’s education and empowerment
- Possess working experience working in a multi-cultural setting/environment
- Good communications skills. Ability to communicate in English, Thai , Karen and Burmese an advantage.
- Ideally, willingness to work some irregular hours.
- Although this position is based in Mae Hong Son, the candidate must be willing to travel as necessary.
- Able to drive and with driver license is an advantage
Based in: Mae Hong Son
Pay scale: This is a full-time position and the salary will be determined according to WEAVE’s standard salary scale. The employed staff will undergo a 3 month- probationary period.
Benefits: There is a health care allowance and modest health insurance policy.
If you think you have the necessary qualifications and experience required for the position, and would like to apply for the job, please send:
- Letter of application in English, Burmese, or Thai
- CV or resume giving details of your qualifications and experience
- Photocopy of Thai ID card or Passport, and Transcript of Records from school
- Names and contact details of 3 referees (people who have known you in your working environment)
Applications may be sent by e mail, fax or mail not later than April 15, 2013.
PO Box 58, Chiang Mai University
Chiang Mai 50202
Email: email@example.com. Kindly cc: your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.